Complaints handling procedure
Our complaints policy
We are committed to providing a high-quality legal service to all our clients. When
something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve
If you have a complaint, please contact us with the details. We have eight weeks to
consider your complaint. If we have not resolved it within this time you may complain
to the Legal Ombudsman.
What will happen next?
1. We will send you a letter acknowledging receipt of your complaint within three
working days of receiving it, enclosing a copy of this procedure.
2. We will then investigate your complaint. This will normally involve the
Principal Solicitor, Ashok Kanani, carrying out a review of your file.
3. The Principal Solicitor will then invite you to a meeting, either by telephone or
in person, to discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint. He will do this
within 14 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
4. Within five working days of the meeting, Ashok Kanani will write to you to
confirm what took place and any solutions s/he has agreed with you.
5. If you do not want a meeting or it is not possible, the Principal Solicitor will
send you a detailed written reply to your complaint, including his suggestions
for resolving the matter, within 21 days of sending you the acknowledgement
6. At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, you should contact us again and the
Principal Solicitor will review his own decision, or seek an appropriate
alternative such as review by another local solicitor or mediation to review the
7. We will write to you within 14 days of receiving your request for a review,
confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
8. If you are still not satisfied, you can then contact the Legal Ombudsman, PO
Box 6806, Wolverhampton WV1 9WJ, about your complaint.
Normally, you will need to bring a complaint to the Legal Ombudsman within
six months of receiving a final written response from us about your complaint
or within six years of the act or omission about which you are complaining
occurring (or if outside of this period, within three years of when you should
reasonably have been aware of it).
For further information, you should contact the Legal Ombudsman on 0300
555 0333 or at email@example.com.